The Jandakot Lakes Lions Club MD201 W2 was chartered in June 1999 with the goal of serving the local communities of Jandakot, South Lake, Bibra Lake, North Lake, Success, Coolbellup, Yangebup Beeliar, and Wandi. A new Lions Club has just been formed at Atwell and we wish them well.
Our club is located in the City of Cockburn which is located just south of the City of Fremantle in Western Australia. Fremantle being the host city of the first challenge for the America's Cup outside of the United States of America. We have just celebrated our forteenth anniversary since charter. We are interested in hearing from other Lions Clubs from around the world and in particular information on the activities of your clubs.
Currently we have 22 members (with the prospect of 1 new member in the near future). We would like anyone interested in joining us to contact our membership chairman, e-mail address or phone No. is on the contact page. Thank you.
- When: 6:30pm for 7:00pm 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month. Note:- These are not dinner meetings.
- Where:The Old Jandakot Primary School, Poletti Road, Jandakot, WA 6164.
- Buisness meeting on 2nd.Tuesday of month. Social on 4th. Tuesday.
TO CREATE AND FOSTER a spirit of understanding among all people for humanitarian needs by providing voluntary services through community involvement and international co-operation.
The motto of Lions Clubs International is "WE SERVE" and this precisely explains its mission.
Lions Code of Ethics
- To Show my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- To Seek success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self-respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
- To Remember that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another's; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
- Whenever a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards others, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- To Hold friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
- Always to bear in mind my obligations as a citizen to my nation, my state, and my community, and to give them my unswerving loyalty in word, act, and deed. To give them freely of my time, labor and means.
- To Aid others by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needy.
- To Be Careful with my criticism and liberal with my praise; to build up and not destroy.
Lions Australia is part of an international association, filled with people who are joined by the common desire to make their communities better, by using their creativity, enthusiasm and energy.
Membership is open to all people of the community in good standing.
This website is where you can find out about your own local Lions Club.